Foreign Press Applicants
Publications not previously granted Congressional credentials should be aware that the initial credentialing review process may be lengthy and can take on average between 6 months to one year.To begin the application process, please call our office at 202-225-2941.
- A letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. This letter may be submitted electronically to email@example.com. The letter should:
- Verify full-time employment
- Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules and a contact number for the signatory
* A sample letter of introduction is available for download in MS Word format.
2. Two recent copies of the publication are required for review purposes.
3. A letter of certification from the embassy.
4. Upon acceptance into the Periodical Press Gallery, a $5.00 check or money order per reporter made payable to “Periodical Correspondents’ Association” must be submitted. Cash cannot be accepted.