Foreign Press Applicants
Instructions for Applying
- Complete the online application
- Submit a letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. This letter may be submitted electronically when applying online. The letter should:
- Verify full-time employment
- Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules and a contact number for the signatory
* A sample letter of introduction in MS Word format is available for download.
- Submit a letter of certification from the embassy.
- Submit two recent copies of the publication for review purposes.
- Upon acceptance into the Periodical Press Gallery, a $5.00 check or money order per reporter made payable to “Periodical Correspondents’ Association” must be submitted. Cash cannot be accepted. Due to increased security, it is advised that payment be hand-delivered to the Periodical Press Gallery. All mail sent to the Capitol will be significantly delayed by the security screening process. Independent courier service deliveries have been suspended and cannot be accepted.
Any questions regarding accreditation should be directed to the Senate Periodical Press Gallery, 202-224-0265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.