Temporary credentials may be issued, permitting the privileges of the galleries to individuals who meet the rules of eligibility, but who may be on short-term assignment or temporarily residing in Washington.
Instructions for Applying
- Submit a letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. The letter should:
- Verify full-time employment
- Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules and a contact number for the signatory
* A sample letter of introduction in MS Word format is available for download. Please note: Our office prefers an original, hard copy of the letter.
- Submit two recent copies of the publication are required for review purposes.
- Our office may request additional information and/or materials.
For more information about covering a congressional event or obtaining temporary credentials, please contact our office at 202-225-2941 or email@example.com.