Publications not previously granted Congressional credentials should be aware that the initial credentialing review process may be lengthy and can take on average between 6 months to one year.
To begin the application process, please call our office at 202-225-2941.
- A letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. The letter should:
- Verify full-time employment
- Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules and a contact number for the signatory
* A sample letter of introduction is available for download in MS Word format.
2. Two recent copies of the publication are required for review purposes.
3. Upon acceptance into the Periodical Press Gallery, a $5.00 check or money order per reporter made payable to “Periodical Correspondents’ Association” must be submitted. Cash cannot be accepted.