Publications not previously granted Congressional credentials should be aware that the initial credentialing review process may be lengthy and can take on average between 6 months to one year.
Instructions for Applying
- Submit a letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. This letter may be submitted electronically to email@example.com. The letter should:
- Verify full-time employment
- Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules and a contact number for the signatory
* A sample letter of introduction is available for download in MS Word format.
2. Two recent copies of the publication are required for review purposes.
3. Upon acceptance into the Periodical Press Gallery, a $5.00 check or money order per reporter made payable to “Periodical Correspondents’ Association” must be submitted. Cash cannot be accepted.
4. Due to increased security, it is advised that payment be hand delivered to the Periodical Press Gallery. All mail sent to the Capitol will be significantly delayed by the security screening process. Independent courier service deliveries have been suspended and cannot be accepted.
Any questions regarding accreditation should be directed to the House Periodical Press Gallery, 202-225-2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.