Approved Publication Applicants
Renewing applicants must submit a Periodical Press Gallery application form for membership each Congress.
Instructions for Applying
1. Complete the online application.
2. Submit a letter of introduction* on publication letterhead with the signature of the bureau chief or managing editor. If there is more than one applicant from a publication renewing, then one letter will suffice. The letter may be submitted electronically when applying online. The letter should:
* A sample letter of introduction in MS Word format is available for download.
-Verify full-time employment
-Justify the need of Congressional press credentials
-Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the rules of the Gallery and the contact information for the signatory
3. Submit the gallery membership fee. Accepted forms of payment:
-Checks or money orders made out to "Periodical Correspondents' Association" in the amount of $5.00
-Any major credit card or debit card processed as a credit card. Please note: A convenience fee of 2.75% will be added to all credit card payments.
4. Due to increased security, it is advised that payment be hand-delivered to the Periodical Press Gallery. All mail sent to the Capitol will be significantly delayed by the security screening process. Independent courier service deliveries have been suspended and cannot be accepted.
Please note: Staff reserves the right to request two copies of the publication for a renewing applicant.
Any questions regarding accreditation should be directed to the House Periodical Press Gallery, 202-225-2941.